IASSP Membership Benefits
You’re Proud to Be a Principal; IASSP and NASSP are Proud to be Your Partners.
IASSP members enjoy the following benefits:
· Professional Development - IASSP members receive discounts to attend the IASA Summer Leadership Conference, Project Leadership and other IASA-sponsored workshops and trainings.
· Legal Advice and Referral - As a division of the IASA, IASSP members are eligible to receive $300 in legal assistance for contract-related matters; NASSP offers an additional benefit of up to $10,000, based on years of continuous NASSP membership.
· Leadership Opportunities - IASSP members serve on state committees that address the issues impacting public school education in Idaho. IASSP board members have the opportunity to attend NASSP events.
· Communication - IASSP members stay in the loop regarding educational issues through regular emails and publications, including Perspectives magazine, IASA Prism newsletter, and weekly Legislative Updates during the session. Through the IASA, the issues that matter most to you are shared with member superintendents, special education administrators, and elementary principals.
· Legislative Voice - The IASSP devotes significant time and resources to advocacy activities.
· Peer Networking - Regular regional meetings provide you with the opportunity to discuss issues that are relevant to you, to seek advice, and to brainstorm solutions.
· Recognition of Excellence – Outstanding Secondary Principal and Outstanding Secondary Assistant Principal Award winners are selected annually to represent the state of Idaho in the NASSP Principal and Assistant Principal of the Year programs.
· Unified Association with the NASSP - IASSP members also belong to the National Association of Secondary School Principals, which provides additional resources, communication and legal benefits:
1. Members-only access to the NASSP website, including archives of publications.
2. Principal’s Legislative Action Center (PLAC)
4. Principal’s Online School Law Guide
5. Professional development programs
6. Online assessment and professional development tools
7. Online member directory
8. Blogs and email discussion lists
9. Member rates on publications and merchandise
10. Member rates for the Annual NASSP Convention and other meetings.
11. $2,000,000 liability coverage
12. $5,000 accidental death benefit.
13. Discounted member rate life insurance.
14. Access – an online discount program.
Membership runs from July 1st to June 30th of each year and is renewed annually.NASSP offers first time members a reduced rate for the first year of $645.00. If you are renewing your membership the cost will be $680.00. Payment options: District checks, personal checks, credit cards and payroll deduction.You can purchase or renew your membership on the IASA website: www.idschadm.org or by calling the office (208) 345-1171.